June 15, 2011

Featured & More Vacation Pictures

I was featured at The Tattered Tag.  Hurry over to see Christina's Blog.  She has link parties, great recipes, and tons and tons of  ideas from other bloggers.    Thank you Christina for featuring me as the New Neighbor on the Blog.


Now, I wanted to post a few more pictures of my vacation.  Don't worry, it won't be like watching vacation movies.  I just wanted to post a few more since blogging is such a great way to journal events.  Plus, you have to see the house that we rented during the baseball tournament.  We could see the ball fields from a couple windows of the house, but our real view from the front door is worth a good laugh. 

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our trip.

House that we rented for the week at the baseball tournament.  Very, very old.  The foundation was so unstable that every floor in the house was crooked or lumpy and creaked louder than I've ever heard.  Great place to rent though.



Look!  A sink in my bedroom.  Weird?  It actually was very handy.



I think I will open the closet door.  Wait...that's not a closet.  That's a shower.  Two of the bedrooms had closet showers in them.  Weird?  They also came in handy.



 Here is our view from our front door.  This was unexpected.  A grave yard directly across the street from our front door.  The only saving grace was that it was actually cool, with old headstones that were awesome to look at. 







We visited some great friends in Albany, NY and they have this fantastic historical home.  I died and went to heaven when I saw the wrap around porch.  Not a California thing.  I wish it was.  I think I am really an East Coast girl by heart.  I love the old houses and all the character.


Back view of the house.





Here we are with Morgan Freeman.  This is a wax statue just standing on the sidewalk in Time Square. 
 We love him.


We stopped in the gift shop in the NBC building and had to take a quick pic of fun memorabilia of our favorite TV shows.  The Office and Seinfeld.





Famous keyboard from FAO Schwarz Toy Store from the movie "BIG" with Tom Hanks.



My family.  Gary in back.  Dillon, Kelsey, Austin and me in the front.  I felt really short because I was wearing flats everywhere for walking.  I like heels.



Dillon at the end of the tournament.



Our team.  We were one of two teams with a girl.  The boys from other teams were intrigued to watch "the girl" play.  She hit two homeruns during the tournament.  There were 103 teams competing during this week of tournament from all over the US.  We ended in the top 32 teams.  We are somewhere between 16-32.  They don't rank teams specifically within this group but we were very happy with the outcome.



Dillon got to pitch for one inning during one of our games. 



Dillon at bat.


Now it's back to reality and I have a couple projects up my sleeve.  The oven is yelling at me to bake something, so stay tuned.



1 comment:

Junky Vagabond said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! Wrap around porches are the best, aren't they? I've dreamed of one...someday. Looks like it was a fun trip! Glad you're back!